toppedvirusAug 5, 2020 at three:55 p.m.Liam McArthur MSP
Orkney MSP Liam McArthur has obtained additional data from the Scottish Authorities, explaining how the localized lockdown in Aberdeen will have an effect on individuals touring to and from Orkney.
Following the announcement of the Aberdeen restrictions, Mr McArthur mentioned: 'It’s worrying that lockdown restrictions have been reimposed on Aberdeen at this time, however it reminds us as vividly because the virus is just not gone.
"It is usually a needed response to verify the virus is contained and persons are protected."
“This lockdown impacts those that stay in Aberdeen extra straight, however I acknowledge that these restrictions may even have implications for Islanders, both within the metropolis at the moment or with the intention to journey there within the days to come back. come.
"So I’ve requested the Scottish authorities for clarification on whether or not or not journey is allowed in mild of the imposed lockdown."
Mr. McArthur says he obtained the next data:
· From 5 p.m. on Wednesday August 5, bars, eating places, cafes and pubs will likely be required by legislation to shut.
· Resort eating places can stay open to supply meals for current prospects and take out companies can proceed.
· Aberdeen Metropolis residents are urged to not meet different households inside or journey greater than 5 miles for leisure or recreation functions.
· Prolonged housekeeping preparations can proceed, however these are conditions that ought to solely contain one different grownup dwelling alone.
· Folks can proceed to journey for work or for instructional functions.
· Hospital visits will solely revert to important visits. Residence visits stay important indoors solely with managed visits to the outside.
· We advise people who find themselves not in Aberdeen to not go to.
· Anybody already in Aberdeen visiting household or on trip can keep, however ought to comply with all directions and be very cautious once they return residence.
· Regulations that spell out hospitality restrictions – together with related steering and recommendation – will likely be reviewed in seven days.
· We perceive the affect these measures could have on people and companies.
· We wish to level out that when an organization has eliminated employees, that employees may be reassigned, as a part of the job retention program.
· Our prudent and cautious judgment is that we should take decisive motion now to attempt to include this epidemic and stop additional harm later.