The proprietor of a journey company in Aberdeenshire thanked the speedy firefighters for stopping a fireplace from reaching his retailer.
Fireplace crews spent hours battling a flat hearth above the unbiased journey company HolidayMakers in Station Sq., Aboyne, on Thursday evening.
Proprietor Jim Anderson mentioned the short response resulted in minimal injury to his premises.
He mentioned: “There's simply water coming via the ceiling and smelling smoke, so we're very fortunate that the hearth didn't hit us straight.
"Sadly, the flats upstairs seem like badly broken, however most significantly, nobody was damage."
© Scott Baxter / DCT Media
Final evening's hearth above the HolidayMakers in Station Sq., Aboyne.
Aboyne, Higher Deeside and Donside Councilor Geva Blackett added: "I'm so glad nobody was damage because it should have been horrible for the individuals within the house and likewise for residents of surrounding properties.
“As typical our hearth crews did a tremendous job and I perceive the roof of the constructing is now sealed.