• Beginning right this moment within the capital, the place Bangkok officers say they could think about lifting some restrictions, regardless of a rise in infections reported yesterday of 37 others, for a complete of 1,989.
However officers say they’re optimistic in regards to the general scenario. The BMA introduced that, offered the capital avoids any additional "super-spraying" occasions, officers might think about lifting the restrictions within the coming weeks.
Additionally they revealed that sufferers within the first group visited or labored in eating places, nightlife venues or therapeutic massage parlors within the capital. Managers at the moment are searching for different prospects or staff of those websites. Almost 16,000 folks "in danger", who’ve visited the town's markets, have already been examined.
• In the meantime, in southern Phuket, bars and different leisure venues are requested to shut at midnight, in response to the most recent order imposed by the governor of Phuket. Eating places can keep open late, however should cease promoting alcohol by midnight. The order is efficient from right this moment till at the least January 20.
Phuket additionally not too long ago introduced journey restrictions for arrivals on the island. These touring from the "increased threat" areas of the "pink zone" provinces"Should now quarantine for 14 days" upon arrival in Phuket. This consists of folks arriving from Bangkok.
All arrivals are additionally welcome to obtain the Mor Chana app and full the brief quiz.
• 287 new Covid-19 infections have been reported throughout Thailand right this moment, most of them from Samut Sakhon's preliminary cluster which launched the final wave on December 20. There are presently four,035 energetic Covid-19 instances. Of the 287 instances reported right this moment, 153 have been native transmissions, 125 have been detected by means of energetic case discovering amongst a predominantly migrant employee group in Samut Sakhon and 9 instances have been detected in quarantine services for individuals who arrive.from abroad.
• Nationwide Police are investigating what they are saying is a brand new cocktail of illicit medicine believed to be linked to six deaths in Bangkok on Sunday. Whereas the outcomes of the post-mortem stating the reason for dying have but to be launched, police say 6 folks in Bangkok died on the identical day, apparently after consuming the drug combine known as 'Ok powdered milk ”or Ok Nompong, in Thai.
Police say the incident, the place so many died on the identical day, and presumably from the identical illicit preparation, has by no means occurred earlier than. 5 of the 6 individuals who died in Wat Phraya Krai district have been discovered with white powder on the scene.
"Ok powdered milk" is a mix of a wide range of different illicit narcotics and a commercially accessible sleeping capsule, in response to the nationwide police chief. The medicine are crushed collectively and appear to be powdered milk.
Police arrested a 23-year-old lady on suspicion of drug dealing yesterday night in Sai Mai District, close to Don Mueang Airport.
We’ve a full video of this harmful new concoction taking to the streets of Bangkok on our YouTube channel.
• Well being officers have fashioned a subcommittee to supervise the deployment of assorted Covid-19 vaccines in Thailand. The workforce will likely be answerable for all the immunization program, together with the choice of precedence teams.
Within the meantime, the Division of Illness Management has introduced that non-public hospitals may provide permitted Covid vaccines, exterior of the federal government's free program.
Within the advert he stated…. The scenario with the pandemic is altering quickly. We’re going to see extra pharmaceutical corporations in search of approval from the Thai Meals and Drug Administration, which suggests non-public hospitals will have the ability to provide the Covid-19 vaccines. "
The Thai authorities has ordered 2 million doses of the vaccine from China and 60 million doses from AstraZeneca. It’s understood that frontline medical staff, well being volunteers and high-risk teams would be the first to obtain the Chinese language 2 million doses when the deployment begins subsequent month.
• An indignant motorbike passenger concerned in a collision that injured three folks in Pattaya attacked the driving force concerned within the accident. The Pattaya Information studies that three folks have been injured after a bike crashed into street limitations at an intersection on South Pattaya Highway.
Rescuers arrived on the scene to discover a broken motorbike in addition to the injured driver and his 2 passengers. The motive force had sustained facial accidents and was bleeding profusely. The 2 passengers had been barely injured. Not one of the casualties have been named.
Keep in contact with The Thaiger by following our Fb web page.
By no means miss future posts by following The Thaiger.